Covid 19 Measures
Following the lifting of the remaining Covid-19 restrictions from 19th July 2021, we would like to advise you that as part of the Government Road map, Health and care settings will continue to maintain appropriate infection prevention and control processes as necessary and this will be continually reviewed. Guidance will be updated based on the latest clinical evidence this summer.
We still need to act cautiously to stop the spread of the virus. The delta variant is more transmissible and we now know there are other variants, so cutting the virus transmission is still important. We will continue to maintain our control measures to keep everyone safe.
To remind you on what we have been maintaining and will continue to do so, please read below:
Safety measures undertaken by us
The most important concern for us is the safety and comfort of our patients and staff. On your previous visits, you would have noticed that infection control has always been our top priority. Due to the current circumstances, we have taken the opportunity of bringing in and installing additional measures to keep our team and patients’ safe whilst at the practice.
- Social distancing measures have been applied in the reception and waiting area. We do apologise for the lack of reading material in the adapted waiting area, we have removed all such material to avoid contact spread of Corona Virus.
- We continue to regularly check the health and taking temperature readings of our staff on a daily basis.
- We have invested in innovative technology for your well-being. We have installed air purifiers in all our treatment rooms and in the waiting room. This state-of-art technology purifies the air protecting our patients and staff from airborne viruses (including Corona Virus) and bacteria.
- We have upgraded and installed a new central suction system allowing us to reduce aerosol mist caused by the hand pieces; this air and water can carry potential viruses and bacteria from the mouth.
- For your and our protection whilst carrying out an Aerosol generating procedure (AGP) we will wear an enhanced level of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We continue to perform regular decontamination of our water lines.
- We invested in scanner technology to take impressions where possible.
- We will continue offering same-day Cerec Sirona crowns to minimise patient’s visit to the practice.
These guidelines and protocols have changed the way we will be delivering care for our patients in a safe and professional manner. Your visit to BDS Practice will be different to what you have been accustomed to.
At all times we will make sure that your visit will be safe and comfortable.
- The scheduling of appointments will be such, as to ensure that the Practice and waiting areas are conducive to social distancing as prescribed by the government guidelines and to allow full decontamination of the treatment rooms between patient appointments.
- The scheduling of appointments will also take account of the most vulnerable in order to protect them and avoid contact with other patients’.
- We will text you some screening questions before your appointment. You will be asked those same questions again prior to starting any treatment.
- Any relevant forms will be emailed or texted to you prior to your scheduled appointment. This means that you will not have to touch a pen, paper, or any electronic device other than your own when you attend your appointment. If it is necessary for you to use the practice devices or pen and paper to complete forms, we will decontaminate them appropriately after each use.
- Please attend alone unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment as the waiting area is restricted to three chairs to comply with the government’s guidance on social distancing. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- Patients are advised that the Practice will operate by appointment only and NO walk-in patients’ will be allowed.
- Immediately on entering the Practice, you will find a dedicated hygiene station. Patients must use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Patients are also asked to arrive wearing a mask or a scarf covering the mouth and nose unless you are exempt. If you do not have a mask we will provide you with one.
- We will also conduct a temperature check. Patients’ with high temperature will be immediately sent home with further advice.
- Patients’ are advised that no soft drinks, coffee, tea and water will be served to limit the risk of cross contamination.
- We also ask our patients’ to adhere to social distancing rules, except when full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn by the nurse and Practitioner.
- Patients’ may be asked to use an antimicrobial mouth rinse before we carry out certain treatments.
- Cash payments will no longer be accepted, we will be paperless where possible. We will request that all payments are settled by credit or debit card, preferably contactless.
- Our Cancellation policy is updated and to ensure we follow guidelines, we ask you to reschedule/cancel appointment no later than 72 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please be assured that our treatment areas and all other common areas will be decontaminated appropriately before and after your appointment.
Bergin Davis Sidelsky has been and will always be at the forefront of providing excellent patient care. Although your dental visit will be different, the quality of our work and our outstanding professional team will be the same.
We look forward to continue helping our patients achieve a healthier and happier smile!
We are delighted to say that we have not increased our fees, however due to the exuberant cost of PPE and the safety measures we have taken; we have introduced a Covid tariff. A fee of £7 - £29 will be added to each appointment depending on the level of PPE required for your visit.
The unprecedented times are challenging for everyone and we would like to keep being loyal to our patients and help them with their dental health. To make an appointment, please call the practice: 020 8458 1611.
If you have any further questions about these measures, or anything else prior to your appointment, please contact us.
We thank you for being our patient, for your understanding, and for your support!