Direct access to a Hygienist in North London (Golders Green)
If you're looking for an expert, friendly dental hygienist near you in North London, our modern Golders Green clinic offers direct access hygiene appointments without having to see a dentist first.
Quicker and easier direct access to dental hygienist
The regulations have changed regarding seeing a dental hygienist. Previously a hygienist needed to work from a dentist’s prescription, which means that a patient would need to see a dentist for an examination first. It is now possible to gain direct access to a hygienist within our Golders Green practice without the need to see a dentist first.
Our expert dental hygienists
Our trusted and highly experiened dental hygiene team includes Caroline Emmerson (GDC No: 4310), Irina Volk (GDC No: 136789) and Lyubov Solosich (GDC No: 141657) who bring together a combined total of over 47 years of oral hygiene expertise.
Caroline, Irina and Lyubov are qualified to provide the following treatments:
- Routine scale and polish
- Periodontal charting
- Topical anaesthetic placement
- Deep scaling under local anaesthetic, Infiltration and inferior nerve block
- Placements of topical fluoride gel
- Placement of temporary dressings
- Taking of dental impressions although for whitening teeth this will have to be under the direction of a dentist.
The scope of practice may vary with hygienists depending on their qualification for extended duties for dental hygienists.
Dental hygienist appointment prices
Are you looking for an affordable "dental hygienist near me"? To help keep our oral hygiene treatments as affordable as possible, we have ensured our prices are competitive when compared to other expert dentists in Golders Green and North London.
Our Standard Hygienist Appointment fees start from £126. Learn more about our wide range of dental treatments and prices.
Your direct access hygienist appointment
Patients should be aware that:
- They can see a hygienist for a standard appointment but may need more appointments to complete treatment depending on how they present at the time. This will be at the discretion of the dental hygienist who will make the patient aware of the number of appointments required and costs incurred in advance of treatment.
- The hygienist is legally only allowed to undertake treatment which is within their full scope of practice. The GDC sets out specific guidelines for this.
- A hygienist can see you to provide oral hygiene advice, remove staining, tartar, bacterial deposits and other debris. She can advise you on the progression of gum disease, but more advanced conditions need to be assessed by a dentist and then the hygienist would continue treatment under the prescription of the dentist.
- Hygienists can’t diagnose or give the prognosis (the likely outcome) of diseases such as decaying and broken teeth, or prescribe antibiotics, pain killers or any other drugs to alleviate symptoms.
- The hygienist will make a recommendation for the patient to see a dentist if the patient presents with treatment that the dental hygienist cannot provide. The patient will be made aware of this by the hygienist.
- Visits to a hygienist are not substitute for a full dental examination.
- There are very rare circumstances when a hygienist can’t start treatment and before they are prepared to continue, insist that a dentist assesses you. These may relate to your medical history and general health or the condition of your mouth, which gives them concern. Additional fees will apply if a visit to a dentist is required.
Should you wish to arrange an appointment with one of our hygienists please call the practice on 020 8458 1611.
Our Golders Green dental hygienist reviews via Google
"Just saw one of the new oral hygienist this morning and I was very impressed. She shared a lot of important information about oral hygiene and was very thorough in checking my teeth. Overall everyone at the practice is always very friendly and helpful-I highly recommend the Practice to everyone an easy 5 star! :)"